More and more often, we hear about living sustainably, considering our carbon footprint and trying to lower our contributions to landfills. Sometimes, the idea of living green feels like a daunting task. Where do you start? How much of an impact can you really have? Nobody can change things alone, but together, we can do our part and make our Earth a better place!
What Can You Do?
A better environment is a result of active green living. That means we all have to do our portion to help out. If everyone implemented just a few green living practices each day, we would see a big impact on the environment. Here are a few very simple ways you can practice greener living in your daily life:
- Cut back on single-use items like plastic wrap, paper towels, single-use straws, disposable coffee pods and disposable water bottles.
- Recycle as much as possible. Cardboard, glass, paper and most plastic can be recycled. Check your waste to see if it can be recycled before putting it into the trash.
- Compost your food to reduce food waste.
- Donated gently used clothing, household items, electronics and toys.
- Buy household items and foods in bulk using reusable containers.
- Pick up litter and dispose of it properly if it cannot be recycled.
- Volunteer in your community to help with things like planting trees and picking up litter.
What is South Pointe Doing?
At South Pointe Apartments and Homes, we’ve implemented some practices to help our community be a little more environmentally friendly. These practices, in combination with our residents and staff doing their part, can make an impact on our local environment. Some of these green living practices include:
- Green pest control for reducing harmful insects from the property
- Planting of native trees in conjunction with green landscaping throughout the property. This includes trees such as palmettos, cypress trees, wax myrtles and oak trees.
- The usage of low volatile organic compound (VOC) paint to reduce toxins in the air.
- Usage of as many green household supplies as possible throughout the community.
Secluded yet accessible, tranquil yet minutes from countless recreational possibilities, South Pointe Apartments and Homes is setting the standards for excellence in apartment and rental home living. If you’re searching for a home that gives back to our planet, call us today to schedule an appointment at (251) 971-3800 or visit us online to learn more.